Eagle’s Landing First Baptist Church is seeking God’s direction for our next Lead Pastor. If you are considering the position or seeking to recommend someone, then please take the time to look over this page as we introduce you to who we are here at Eagle’s Landing. You can also find information about our Lead Pastor Search Committee (Search Team) as they will post updates on this page. Thank you and we covet your prayers as we seek our new pastor.
As we move through this process, please continue in prayer for:
- The church staff, Search Team, and the church as a whole to have discernment, guidance, unity, cohesion, and patience
- Pastor Tim and Christie as he transitions into his new role as Lead Strategist for Pastoral Wellness at the Georgia Baptist Mission Board
- Our future pastor and his family
Meet the Search Team
Mission Statement of the Search Team:
The Eagle’s Landing First Baptist Church Pastor Search Committee exists to
identify God’s Man to lead our church in making disciples of Jesus Christ for the glory of God!
The Search Team was formed from leaders of our church body as identified by our Bylaws, "...Pastor search committee consisting of the Leadership Team and five members of the Deacon Team, as elected by the Deacon Team." The leaders were identified by their fulfillment of the qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-9 and Acts 6:3-8. They are charged with the task of identifying the next Lead Pastor of our church.
Please feel free to contact the team with any encouragement or questions at . A team member will be glad to speak with you personally if you will let them know in the email.MEET THE TEAM
Search Team Update
January 28, 2020
We are now over three months into the pastor search process. We have seen resumes from many gifted men faithfully serving the Lord.
We take very seriously the privilege of sorting through these men of God to find the right one to lead our church. The task can be very formidable, yet it reminds us that this decision is bigger than our team, our church, or our community. This decision belongs to God.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says,
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
Our team can not rely solely on our own sophisticated process for finding the right candidate. We must completely trust in the Lord. What seems like a difficult decision for us to make has already been determined by God. He knew the right candidate long before we began the search.
We have been systematically narrowing our candidate pool. We are getting to the point that we are having to make some tough decisions. We have progressed as far as second round interviews with select candidates. Continue to pray for our team as we seek to rely upon the Lord and not our own desires.
This past Sunday we had a great group of people that joined us for prayer in the Meeting room in the front lobby. Feel free to join us as well every Sunday at 9am.
Candidate Application Process
Below you will see the overall process by which the Pastor Search Team will evaluate candidates. The team meets on a regular basis to monitor the progress and discuss the potential candidates. The team will receive resumes and then stay in touch through the process to guide the candidates to the next step.
- Step 1 - Submit resume online
- Step 2 - Submit online application; links to sermons; and social media links
- Step 3 - Complete pastoral and theological questionnaire
- Step 4 - Conference/video call interview with candidate and wife
- Step 5 - Background/criminal check; credit check; motor vehicle record check; and personality and spiritual gifts assessment
- Step 6 - Search team visit to candidate’s church
- Step 7 - Candidate and wife spend several days at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist and candidate preaches on a Sunday to end the visit
- Step 8 - Candidate answers the call
If you are interested in applying for the Lead Pastor position, then begin the process by clicking the button below.More Information